Growing your email list organically and turning your subscribers into paying customers is a challenge many companies face.
If your blog has a steady readership, you’re almost there. Blog content that speaks to your audience wants and needs and is aligned with their expectations, is essential in order to attract visitors from organic traffic and increase opt-ins. Once they’re reading your blog, you just need to convert them into email subscribers. And once you have them as email subscribers, you have to seize the opportunity and turn them into paying customers.
Sounds good? Let’s see how you can get more email opt-ins from your blog and then monetize them to increase sales and your bottom line.
5 ways to increase your Email opt-ins using your blog
1. Build organic traffic on your blog
2. Use a compelling lead magnet
Ok, so you have visitors coming to your blog, now the question is how do you convert them into subscribers? The answer is to offer a lead magnet. This might take the form of branded long-form content which they will receive in the inbox or shorter forms of content.
That means that once the reader submits their email address, they will receive a sequence of automated emails that will include the lead magnet (guide, case study etc) delivered to their inbox.
So, how do you create relevant lead magnets?
You should start by analyzing your customer data in order to find out what content customers want to consume, without wasting their time. Check out which posts perform best, and look at the keywords your customers are using to come to your site. Otherwise, send your existing customers an email survey and ask them what type of content they’re interested in.
Although long-form content is a great lead magnet, it is quite challenging to produce. It is time-consuming and often overlooked by users who want quick tips or fast resolutions to their problems.
Try to produce a variety of lead magnets, from content that is both time consuming and content that can be created in less time, such as checklists, email courses, or downloadable versions of blog posts, so people have a choice between what to read.
3. Build pop-ups, sidebar, and homepage opt-in forms
The key here is to make opt-in easy. The sign-up process should be smooth and nearly seamless. If you have to explain email sign-up to your readers, it is likely too complex.
It is imperative that blogs have opt-in forms natively integrated, so they can capture customer email addresses.
Here is a list of things you should have in mind when you build opt-in forms
- Have a limited number of form fields. Only ask for what is necessary, like the email and maybe their first name).
- Make the subscription process easy, limiting the number of clicks needed to subscribe.
- Check that your form works well on smaller screens.
- Have a clear call-to-action (CTA), using simple language, so readers can input their email to receive email communication.
4. Provide valuable content, not just more noise
5. Invite blog commenters to join your email list
Monetize your email opt-ins
Step 1: Nurture your email leads
Step 2: Create multiple email series with triggers
Step 3: Sell a digital product or educational course
With your blog insights and your email nurture programs, you can create digital products to sell to your subscribers. This can include:
- Guides: Ιnstructions teaching customers how to do something.
- Webinars: Online webinar where you can sell products in live or recorded videos.
- Reports: Data or research regarding a specific topic, which can help in decision making.
- Courses: Online classes hosted on your website and watched on-demand.
These products can easily be packaged up into a PDF or hosted on your website behind a paywall. All you need is to use an e-commerce platform to get started. And of course, once your product is live, you should promote it in your final email, after prospects have been nurtured and are ready to purchase.
Start growing and monetizing your email list
WayMore’s Campaign Manager can help make the process smoother with its automation builder and prebuild flows. Explore how and easily grow your email list and monetize your subscribers, with little cost, in a short amount of time.