Why is SMS marketing so important?
Messaging is the most preferred method of communication in the world. To show just how powerful SMS marketing is, let’s take a look at the numbers:
- Texts have a 98% open rate. Source: Mobile Marketing Watch
- More than 4.2 billion people are texting worldwide. Source: Popular Mechanics
- SMS is the most used data service in the world. Source: Campaign Monitor,
- The number of SMS messages sent monthly increased by more than 7,700% over the last decade. Source: Statistic Brain
- 6 billion SMS messages are sent each day in the US, over 180 billion are sent each month, and 2.27 trillion are sent each year. Source: CTIA.
Clearly, with these statistics, SMS is a tool that should not be ignored. It should be used to do much more than just deliver a message.
1. Offer time-sensitive discounts or coupons
2. Follow up with customers after they fill out a form
A text message is a great way to confirm that you’ve received a form submission. Depending on what form your customer filled out, you can follow up with a relevant link that drives back to your website.
For example, if they filled out a request for a quote, you can link back to an FAQ page. This could contain information about how long it usually takes your company to put a quote together, what it will include, and other important information.
This is a great way for you to be proactive and deliver excellent service. Even before you have a chance to personally reach out to your customer, you’ve already sent a way for them to get helpful information. You’ll also establish that your website is a good resource for them, which could encourage them to bookmark or return to your site in the future.
3. Inform your customers about downloads or resources
If you’ve put time and energy into developing digital content, SMS is a great way to make sure your audience sees it.
For example, you can send your customers updates about blogs, white papers, videos, and other content. Include a link for them to be taken directly to the resource.
Also, to make this strategy even better, you can personalize the content based on their interests. If your website analytics and CRM have valuable information about your customers, this is a chance to put it to good use. Send personalized SMS messages based on the content that is most relevant to them based on their purchase or browsing history.
4. Gain referrals through SMS
5. Send out fun and interactive links
You can create content that is fun and engaging to draw your customers in. For example, send your customers an SMS with a link to quizzes and contests. This will help keep your brand top-of-mind, and interact with your customers in a fun way.
Also, to drive even more traffic, consider promoting contests. Contests, where your customers can enter for a chance to win, will go a long way to increase visitors to your website.
Master SMS Marketing and combine it with other channels for a unique customer experience
When it comes to SMS marketing you need a reliable provider. Waymore’s easy-to-use API makes connecting with your customers easier than ever. Also, we have created a step-by-step guide to help you plan and execute a successful SMS campaign in just 8 simple steps.
SMS marketing is a powerful tool that allows you to reach your customers wherever they are straight to their smartphones. Using it right can even help you increase the visitors to your website.