If you think that SMS is a thing of the past and it’s not necessary to be a part of your marketing strategy, well you are wrong.
Even though apps are taking a lot of space these days, there is still a 65% smartphone penetration in the United States.
In simple words that means that not everyone owns a smartphone.
On the other hand, almost all the devices on the market are SMS enabled, and that’s what’s making SMS one of the most important marketing channels.
What are the benefits of SMS?
Here you can find a step-by-step guide to help you plan and execute your SMS campaign:
1. Plan Your Campaign
Successful campaigns require great planning. That means you should start by answering the following questions:
Where are you?
What is important?
What you must achieve?
Who does what?
When all the questions are answered it’s important to review the strategy you created one last time before you get in action!
2. Know Your Audience
3. “Own” your objectives
Set S.M.A.R.T Mobile Goals
What do I want to achieve? Increase sales.
Increase sales by 15%.
Can this really happen? Yes. Go for it!
Is increasing sales by 15% going to affect your overall goal of increasing market share? Yes, right to the point!
Time is money. Plan & start!
4. Choose the Right Provider
Use an automation platform that delivers the following:
– Schedule campaigns
– Message and cost preview
– Personalized messages
– Multiple custom labels for each contact
– Segmentation based on custom labels
– Analytical reports in real-time
– Advanced contact management that automatically identifies duplicates
- Create your message
- Choose your wording carefully
- Keep it short: up to 160 characters (Latin) and 70 characters for languages such as Greek, Russian, Chinese, Arabic (Unicode characters), in order to avoid corresponding charges or sending multiple messages.
- Don’t be too self-promotional
- Include a short URL that will lead the recipients to a webpage, a video, a sound file, or whatever else you want, so that you can measure the results
- Use a CTA
- Make sure you understand your market and schedule accordingly. Know the time and days that your audience responds best!
6. Integrate your campaign
- SMS is only a tool. Combine your SMS campaign with other communication tools to create a powerful omnichannel marketing strategy, reaching your audience anytime any place.
- Combine your SMS campaign with other Waymore services, such as email campaigns and voice messaging to guarantee success.
7. Play by The Rules
8. Evaluate the Campaign
Get your campaign running in minutes and enjoy the results
SMS is simple to use, it is cost-effective, engaging, trackable, and offers an amazing ROI for marketers. Learn how to use it right and how to get your campaigns running in minutes and get the best of it.
Show your customers how important they are to your brand and build a loyal relationship.
Also, stand out from the competition creating a unique omnichannel experience for your users with our all-in-one platform Waymore.